Terms and Conditions set out the expectations for the service user and the therapist. They govern the contract between us and ensure that both parties are protected in the unlikely event that a disagreement occurs. Please read my terms and conditions and contact me if you have any questions.
- You will receive an email or text confirming the details of your child’s first appointment, including date, time, location and fee.
- At the end of the first appointment, I will explain whether your child requires further speech and language therapy support. This may be further assessment, or therapy.
- I will let you know whether I have the correct skills and experience to meet their needs.
- I will signpost you to other professionals if necessary.
- Therapy sessions last 1 hour unless agreed in advance otherwise. This hour may include direct work with your child, discussion of progress, demonstration / explanation of follow-up activities with parents and/or educational staff and writing up of notes.
- No fee will be charged for time spent planning outside the therapy sessions.
- It is requested that accounts are settled within 10 days of the invoice date.
- Parents using private health insurance are responsible for settling the invoice and then claiming from the insurer concerned. It is advisable to check the level and nature of your cover with the insurer before agreeing to therapy.
Payment via cheque, cash or bank transfer are all accepted.
It is my intention that any late payment can be amicably resolved, but please be aware that if payment is not made, the procedure will be:
- A reminder of the overdue payment will be sent (via text, email or letter).
- If payment is not paid within 7 days of the reminder being sent, you will receive written notice that therapy is suspended, pending payment in full.
- If payment is not received in full within 7 days of written notice being sent, I reserve the right to refer the matter to a solicitor with a view to commencing legal action.
- No travel expenses are charged within a 10-mile radius of my base in Hook Norton
- All journeys are calculated from my base at OX15 5PW
- There are occasions when all of us have been forced to cancel appointments, as much notice as possible is always appreciated.
- Wherever possible, please give a minimum of 24 hours’ notice of your request to cancel.
- Sessions cancelled by the client with less than 24 hours’ notice may be liable to the full charge of the session fee (without travelling costs)
This will also apply to;
School based therapy sessions, whereby the therapist has not been informed of the child’s absence.
A home visit, if you are not there.
REPORTS AND PROGRAMMES
- Reports and programmes are chargeable (unless explicitly included in the session fee) and can be supplied on request.
- Reports and programmes can be shared by you with other people as you choose.
- Reports and programmes will be sent to you by email.
- Caroline Harrison is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a data controller.
- All processing and storing of personal data is done so in accordance to the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulations.
- Information is stored on a secure electronic system called “WriteUpp”. Reports and programmes are password protected.
- Any paper-based confidential information is stored securely in accordance with general data protection regulations and the Data Protection Act 1998.
- In accordance with law, all be kept securely until your child is 25 years old. After this time, all records relating to your child will be destroyed.
- You may apply in writing to access an electronic copy of your child’s notes or to request modifications of any inaccuracies. These requests will be dealt with within 30 days.
- With your agreement, email is an effective method of correspondence. Email is not however 100% secure and I cannot be responsible for any loss of data.
- Any documents will be password protected.
- Your child will be referred to by first name only or initials in any emails sent.
- You shall be copied into any email correspondence with other professionals as necessary.
USE OF VIDEOS
Some assessment and therapy techniques involve the use of video to record the child. The videos are temporarily stored on an encrypted, password-protected computer. Once the video has been used as needed, it will be deleted. No copies will be retained.
- I have a current DBS certificate. Service users may see my DBS enhanced disclosure at any time.
- In the event of a safeguarding concern, where your child or another person is at risk of harm, I have a legal obligation to share that information with relevant professionals in line with the Safeguarding Children's Act 2004.
LIASION WITH OTHER PROFESSIONALS
To offer the best service to the client’s child, it is important for me to liaise with other professionals involved in the child’s care. This may include NHS therapists, school staff, GPs or other medical / educational professionals.
- In the unlikely event that you are not satisfied with my service please contact me. I will make every attempt to resolve this through discussion.
- If it is not possible for us to resolve matters, and you wish to complain formally, please contact the Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice at www.helpwithtalking.com